Myuofc is login portal for all employees and staff and students who are connected with the University of Calgary. The registered employees and staff can able to access the portal Myuofc.ca in order to get the information including paychecks, schedules, and other relevant details. The students can also get access to the portal. In order to use My u of c portal, employees should have needed a EID number. Specifically, EID number is an 8-digit number which consists of numbers and letters.
To get access to the Myuofc EID number, employees should register an account firstly. If the staff or students have already an existing account at Myuofc, they can log into the account and will be able to gain access to the transactions. It has a huge and diversified batch of students and staff with varying needs. For managing these needs efficiently, University of Calgary implemented an online portal named as My u of c.
|University||University of Calgary|
|Number Of Students||30,201 (2014)
If you’re a student or staff at University of Calgary, you can able to get to know updated information by logging into the my u of c registered account. For that, you can consider below steps to log into the my ucalgary account that included:
- Go to official website address https://my.ucalgary.ca/ from your preferred web browser.
- Provide login credentials information subsuming login id or user id and password on appropriate fields.
- If you don’t have an eID, you can create it very easily.
- Once you have confirmed that the entered details are correct, go to login button and get access to the my ucalgary dashboard.
Getting Myuofc UCID
- As My u ofc is the central authentication service for University of Calgary, it allots a UCID for official students and the staff.
- When students become the official members to University of Calgary, they will receive this UCID 8-digit number through an email or postal mail.
- Whereas staff members will get this number on their first paystub. However, the student number or staff member identifies the member as belonging to the University of Calgary.
- Here, you need to make a note that some of these numbers having leading zeros. If there are leading zeros, it’s important to enter them when you are entering UCID number while logging into the my u of c account.
Before registering a new account for My u of c, you should have UCID number which is used to register a student, new employee, or a graduate student on to the portal.
- When you are logging into Alumni also, it will use UCID number to log into the id to request a transcription or any other information relevant to the taxes.
- While registering a new account for any kind of service, the account number is essential to log into the account successfully.
- The people who don’t have a UCID number can register for a guest account.
- Some of the users may have number of UCID numbers. They can have multiple accounts based on the number of ids that they have.
Creating an eID
Myuofc eID is your personal id to access the information on university portal. eID should be created according to the eID rules. By using the first name and last name, you will be allowed to create it. You can choose anything as long as you follow the eID rules. By providing your essential details, you can easily create an my u of c account within a couple of moments.
Benefits Overview by University of Calgary
University of Calgary has been provided a wide range of benefits included a general summary of group benefits, pension, and other programs offered through the employment.
Support Staff Benefits and Pension Plan
The comprehensive benefits and pension program has been designed to promote a productive level of health and well being to the staff members. It is providing various kinds of benefits such as income planning, life insurance, health, dental life, and income protection for disability.
- Support staff Benefit Premiums
It has been provided monthly premiums and cost sharing which is updated regularly. From each pay, half of the monthly premiums deducted. Through the Alberta Blue Cross, health and dental benefits will be provided. There are many factors affect the ongoing costs of providing group benefit coverage that included increased utilization of services, changes in the demographics of the staff, and inflationary increases in health and dental expenses. The company is offering different kinds of benefits such as employee basic life insurance, employee long term disability insurance – limited term employees only, optional life insurance for employees or spouses, and other benefits.
- All other benefits
Optional child life insurance 100% paid by the employee and long term disability for regular and fixed term 100% paid by the employee.
- Administrative leave retirement program
By the end of the administrative leave, all continuing and limited term academic staff members will be allowed to access the benefits. The individuals who come to meeting the combined age plus service requirements may be considered.
If an academic staff member wants to retire from the services at University of Calgary, he or she should submit a separate notice of retirement to the Dean. This process has been taken as early as possible after the time of RSL or administrative leave is approved but not later than March 31st. It serves as their retirement letter and will be forwarded to the President’s office and HR for further acknowledgement. If an academic staff has submitted the notice of retirement, it would be accepted by the Dean and can not be revoked by the academic staff.
- Reduced duties leading to retirement
The academic staff member who holding a continuous, contingent, or limited term appointment who proposed a retire from the university on the date named by the staff member will be allowed to apply for reduced duties leading to the retirement immediately preceding to the specified retirement.
With the approved reduced duties leading to retirement agreement, the staff members can receive a corresponding reduction in pay. Based on the percentage of duties worked, the future salary will be increased.
Available benefits included as follows:
- The portion of employee contribution will be paid by the University of Calgary that is a taxable benefit.
- The pension contributions on reduced salary will be paid equally by the staff member and university. It will pay the employee and employer contributions on the unsalaried portion. However, the pensionable salary and service will be determined on full time basis.
- It is also providing other benefits like annual vacation, special leave, any salary increases, and sick leave entitlements.
- If a reduced duties leading to retirement application has been approved, it can not be rescinded except by agreeing the parties to the agreement.
Flexible Spending Account
The Flexible Spending Account is a program which can help to improve the value of your benefit plan by facilitating greater flexibility to manage the health related expenses. The eligible staff members can receive an annual credit allocation for use to help support overall health and wellness. The credits will be allocated for flexible spending account or a taxable wellness spending account.
The flexible spending account program will be eligible for academic staff, management and professional staff, and support staff who are actively work during the FSA program benefit year.
- Types of Spending Accounts
There are two types of spending accounts such as health spending account and wellness spending account.
Health Spending Account: In order to manage their health expenses in an efficient manner, it offers each staff member with flexible choices. The credits will be allocated to this account with pre-tax dollars. Before the income tax is deducted, compensation has been provided through the HSA if these health related expenses are paid. All of the medical expenses will be deemed by the Canada Revenue Agency which is incurred by the employee and dependents under the account.
The eligible expenses included:
- Charges for dental procedures in excess of the regular dental plan’s payment limits.
- Employee paid health and dental premiums
- Coinsurance payments, deductible, and payments in excess of extended health coverage limits.
- Paramedical pensioners such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and psychologists.
- Vision care expenses such as glasses, eye exams, and laser eye surgery.
Wellness Spending Account: Through this account, employees will get a broad range of benefits like learning, wellness, development, and technology expenses. The account will be funded with pre-dollars but the benefits are taxable. Before the income tax deducted, the dollars will be directed to the account and a T4A slip has been sent to the each employee. This account benefit will be applicable to eligible expenses incurred by the employees only.
- Health support – nutritional counseling and smoking cessation programs.
- Fitness and sports equipment – There are particular types of exercise equipment for home use to promote the physical activities and fitness such as tredmill and elliptical.
- Professional development – You can find membership fees or dues, courses and seminars by accredited institutions and services offered by University of Calgary.
- Computer products – software, hardware, and internet services excluding gaming equipment and games.
- Mobile digital communication – cell phone or accessories.
- Professional development plan – transportation to courses
How to Claim the Benefits
The expenses can only be claimed in the benefit year in which they are incurred or purchased. In order to submit claims incurred within the benefit year, it is offering a three month run-off period after the end of each benefit year.
If you want to claim the benefit of health spending account, you can claim either by submitting an online form through Alberta Blue cross secure plan or via Health Spending Account claim form. If you want to set up an account, you can submit the claims, track the status of claims, and set up direct deposit for payments.
While submitting a core extended health care or dental claim to Alberta blue cross, any unpaid balance automatically transfers to the spending account. For example, if you have coverage under benefit plan, the unpaid portion of benefit plan should be submitted to the other plan which is prior to being reimbursed through the HSA.
In case of wellness spending account, claims can be submitted online through the Alberta blue cross secure plan member online or via the WSA claim form. If you choose to set up an online account, you can able to gain the benefits like submit claims, track the status of claims, and set up direct deposits for payments. If you want to submit your claims, you can keep your receipts for 90 days at Algebra Blue cross for audit purposes. If you want to submit a paper claim, you should be attached the papers.